Search This Blog

Wednesday 6 April 2016

Edible play dough

I think of the many hats that Mum's across the world wear, the most important one is that of MAD SCIENTIST.

Anyone who has ever dealt with a toddler would know that it takes all your creativity and innovation skills to invent something new to keep them busy and thus out of trouble.
My son for instance loves to play with sand and mud. I am all for kids getting their hands dirty and playing around but what I am not ok with is- my son eating mud & sand. Hence I started looking around for ideas that would help me create some sort of edible play dough.  

This morning I stumbled upon this post on Facebook & decided to try it out.
The idea was an instant HIT with my 17 month old son. Right from mixing the ingredients to preparing the dough  & then creating shapes and of course eating some of it in the process, he loved every minute of it. 
I was obviously happy to see him getting his hands dirty this time, knowing that what he is eating is absolutely safe and to add to that YUMMY.

So the recipe is quite simple and it requires only three ingredients
- 1 cup Milk Powder 
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
(you may choose to prepare a smaller batch by taking a smaller quantity of each of the ingredients, just maintain the proportions) 

Mix all the ingredients together in a Big bowl. I recommend involve your kids from the first step itself, allowing them to mix the ingredients and create their own dough. I the dough seems a little dry, add some more honey to it (helps bind it together).

And then let the kids creative juices take over. Hand them a rolling pin and some stencils & let them have fun. To add some texture, you could also use some sprinkles or chocolate chips to the dough. 
Simple and easy way to keep your little one occupied and happy.





No comments:

Post a Comment